Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Rice Crispy Effect

So, I 've noticed this cool 'scattered' look to elements lately...for example a sprinkling of sequins, flowers etc. As much as I try, I haven't been able to duplicate the 'accidental' quality of scattering elements. I usually try a few set-ups and scrap the whole element because it looks too contrived or just plain lame. Of course in today's speed scrap, Britt asked for a 'scattered' element. Rather than waste my time re-sizing and rearranging endlessly, I had a brilliant idea: Rice Crispies!! The box was on my kitchen counter and I quickly counted out five pieces and dropped them on the computer table. Tada!! The perfect 'scatter'! I copied the arrangement with my flowers on the page and here it is:

So I finished in time and love the elements, never mind I had 2 buses waiting for me as I scrapped until the last minute!!

And here's last night's Speed Scrap:

'Chic' journaling: Shirt: upside down and unbuttoned. Underwear: showing. Pants: twisted sideways. Hat: jaunty. It's Blake bedtime chic! Haha, I love that Blake!!

post signature

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the scattering technique. You'll have to use it as a tutorial one day!!

Denise said...

These are so awesome! How many not too shabby is that?