Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Copy Cat!!

In case you didn't know, digital scrappers have a fancy word for copying someone's layout: scraplifting. In my quest to come up with 100 decent pages, I am totally into being a copy cat!! I troll the digital scrapping websites looking for LO's that I love. Then I totally copy them. Exhibit A: today's speed scrap. It had the following rules:

1. Choose your photos. Doesn’t matter how many!
2. Choose a white background. You can add other colors as mats and things, but the background has to be white.
3. Give me a curve of some kind out of paper.
4. Use 3 or more paper strips and/or ribbons.
5. Gotta have some stitches.
6. Add something hanging (i.e. from a clip.)
7. Get creative with words. You have 2 options here. Either use MORE than 1 alpha for your title, or use 3 or more fonts for your journaling, or do both! I guess that’s 3 options! Remember to date your LO.

And here's my scraplift of a LO I found on DST (Click the image for credits).

I really love how this turned out! I'm surprised how much I love the three different fonts even! So, until I can come up with good ideas of my own...I'm off to scraplift!

post signature

4 comments:

Denise said...

This is so seriously fabulous!

Andrea said...

Scraplifting rocks!!

Erica said...

Love. It. I need to do some serious scraplifting. So far I just sort of.. use templates, or make sucky pages.. Haha. I definitely need to work on my own style, too..

Krista said...

Scraplifting...blogstalking...poor Mr. Webster.....

Awesome page! I love it! I'm so impressed with your digital scrapping skilz...hehe